Pages

Monday 29 April 2013

Sound editing for Flash

One of the disadvantages of working with Flash is that its sound editing controls are very basic. You can change the volume of each channel, allow the sound to come from left or right, but not very much else. I had a lot of sounds that I wanted to clip for specific parts of my animation, so I brought them into Adobe Audition and did it there. It's a nice user friendly piece of software. As I had already worked with sound editing software, it was quite easy to get used to Audition. It allowed me to create sound clips to fit to specific parts of my animation, and then in Flash I adjusted the volume levels where needed. I used lynda.com tutorials to fill any gaps in my knowledge with regard to the controls and the interface. The sound made the finished film much better.



No comments:

Post a Comment